Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Book Report: Pattern Making Templates for Skirts & Dresses

Pattern Making Templates for Skirts & Dresses: All You Need to Design, Adapt, and Customize Your ClothesPattern Making Templates for Skirts & Dresses: All You Need to Design, Adapt, and Customize Your Clothes
by Alice Prier

I'm not ready to jump into making my own patterns yet, but when I am this book is where I will start. I did learn a good bit about pattern design terminology and how a pattern is constructed. I recently began experimenting with modifying store-bought patterns and I think I will do more of this based on the concepts explained here about where the adjustment points are. I also found a few variations I want to try:

  • putting a ruffle into a seam (think side seam of a pencil skirt)
  • adding a wrap (contrasting maybe?) to the front of a skirt
  • using two threads (the same color--or maybe different) in your sewing machine needle for topstitching

Definitely an inspiring and educational book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.