Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Lisa's UFO Challenge: January 2016

The number selected for January's APQ UFO Challenge was #2. That means my goal is to make progress on the Little Bits paper piecing kits. I bought these kits a few years ago at a quilt show. I had never paper pieced (I still haven't) and when I saw these little kits thought that they might be a good & inexpensive way to introduce myself to paper piecing. I should be able to do them with small scraps from my stash, so if something goes wrong, it won't be a catastrophe. At the time I could not decide on the many options available at the booth where I found these, so settled on purchasing two - tropical fish & haunted house.

I'm going to start with the fish kit, as that looks like the more straight forward of the two. I will either make a panel with 9 fish like shown in the picture, or I might make 4 individual fish blocks with borders to make into coasters. If that results in success, I will tackle the Haunted House kit. I may need a little coaching through this - I'm pretty sure I can hear my friends Mary & Amanda chanting 'trim, sew, press'...or is it 'sew, press, trim'...or something else? I'll learn soon! I'm really happy that this project came up before the Monarch Butterfly paper piece project (#10 in my list).

2 comments:

  1. You paper piece with a teaspoon -- tsp -- trim, sew, press. I will be happy to help you out if you need it. If you don't have an add-a-quarter ruler you can borrow mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to remember the order...I won't forget that now. I think I picked up a ruler and have it attached to a postcard like yours, but will likely bug you on how to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.