Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I have been working on a lap quilt for a friend who I want to send a bit of cheer to. My friend makes braided rugs and is working on a new one for her bedroom that has blue, green, plum, and brown in it and my quilt fabrics were chosen to go with that. 
Cutting blocks for Linda's Quilt
The design for Linda's Quilt
The pattern is a tessellation using the block from the Ursula Reike's baby quilt I made recently. The blocks in the baby quilt are cut at 6 inches, these are cut at 4.5. I think I would like the design with the blocks cut even smaller, but that was the smallest ruler I had. Smaller would also require a lot more blocks, so for this particular project, which I want to get done fairly quickly, I am happy with the size. The arrangement of the colors was inspired by the traditional Trip Around the World quilt. 

I'm linking this up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.