Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP Wednesday

After my super productive February and March I have been slacking off a bit. Despite the call of yard work this time of year I am trying to keep some momentum going with quilt projects. I am in the middle of quilting a baby quilt at the moment.. It is a much more muted palette than I usually choose, but I like the animal print in it and I think it is turning out cute even if though it is not especially "me." 
Zoo Baby Quilt - Designed and made by M. Russell 2014
The quilt is a baby quilt design I came up with and have been using for years. It is a theme fabric mixed with nine-patches. The nine-patches are made in 3 different combos so there is a diagonal stripe effect across the quilt. I am using a stipple pattern with variegated blue thread for the quilting. I think I am going to change both patterns and thread for the border which is a yellow stripe.  

I'm linking this up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.