Thursday, April 3, 2014

Finished: Sam's Quilt

 
Syncopated Ribbons for Sam
I made this quilt using purple scraps and one fabric (the swirly purple in the borders) to provide a little unity. I did the machine quilting with variegated purple thread. I quilted it following the strong diagonal lines and if I make this pattern again (which I might) I won't bother with that as it was a pain to keep my place and it doesn't really show anyway. An overall quilting pattern would have worked just as well and been easier.

The pattern is Syncopated Ribbons (from EvaPaige Quilt Designs) and I mostly followed it. The major change I made was in the corner blocks. The pattern has the lines of foundation pieced strips crossing and I changed it so they made a 90-degree corner instead.
Modified corner block on Sam's Quilt

This is a twin size quilt and is for my niece, Sam.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.