Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Done: Guild Mystery Quilt

I completed my AQG Mystery Project by the deadline of the April meeting. I was pleased with how the final quilt turned out. I am going to call this quilt Laissez les bons temps rouler because of the Cajun food themed fabric.
Finished AQG Mystery Quilt 2014
I sewed the binding down on the back by machine, which I had not tried before. It wasn't as fast as I thought it would be because I had to do a lot of pinning to make sure it was strait as I sewed from the top side. On a wall hanging where you won't see the back I would use the technique again. It leaves a little flap on the edge of the binding which I don't love and wouldn't want on a quilt that was going to be handled. I did the quilting on this using a fill design my friend Lisa used on one of her quilts recently as well as loops and continuous curves. I like the continuous curve design in the triangles but definitely need more practice at it. I have a schnibble in progress that is mostly these same stars so I may use the continuous curves design on that quilt.
Quilting details from Mystery Quilt
This was one of my Q2 goals for the Finish-Along at The Littlest Thistle.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.