Thursday, January 16, 2014

Syncopated Ribbons

The Syncopated Ribbons quilt that was in progress in November is now a finished top (twin size) and has been pin basted in preparation for quilting. It is featured as Day 15 in my friend Lisa's 2014 Photo a Day project. (She has a great eye for composition and I'm looking forward to the year in pictures.)

This pattern is from EvaPaige Quilt Designs and was quite fun to put together. When I first read the directions it seemed a bit complicated, but as soon as I got started the directions became clear and it went together pretty quickly. The pattern is very similar to string-piecing which is a technique I really like as it uses up lots of scraps (really scrappy ones too as little pieces with weird angles can go right in). I would definitely make this pattern again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug Mary ;) I finished pin basting my syncopated ribbons today, so am all set for quilting up a storm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.