Saturday, March 16, 2013

Handbags as Images

I am working on setting up an Etsy shop and to begin with am researching (aka exploring) all sorts of stuff that goes into that.

One of the skills I need to work on is photography. Particularly I am trying to figure out how to compose good pictures of items I will have for sale in my shop. Lighting seems to be key as well as attractive, simple backgrounds. I spent some time recently looking at Etsy shops that have handbags for sale (one of the main things I expect to sell in my shop) and assembled a treasury of Quilted Handbags that I thought were well photographed. 

Which images do you think work best? Why? Please share your thoughts in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. All the bags you show are beautiful, but they do not show the size of the bag in scale. Hard to know if the bag would be great as a small purse for going out with friends, or big enough to carry all my kids stuff on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great point! Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.